Tuesday, July 23, 2019

July 15 to 22

These were some lazy days, man. Well, sort of lazy.

I did hit all rugby sessions this week, despite it being a crazy hell week at work for the summer. I mean seriously stupid crazy. If I wasn't sleeping I was marking.

I did have physio and I also made progress on the knee. I got up on Wednesday and my knee was pain-free. I have started to wear the inserts in my cleats and that seems to be helping. That and Advil at night also helped to reduce swelling and encourage deeper sleep.

But training sessions on my own were reduced to some recovery sessions in the pool and ... well, that was it. No lifting, no running. I did go for a hike around my old stomping grounds at Centennial Park, but that was it, man. Rugby was personally disappointing, too.

I decided that I need to get through to the end of this session of work and then get back to jogging. I'm also planning a lot of physio during August, too. Don't think those two things are unrelated.


No comments:

Post a Comment