Friday, August 6, 2021

July 29 to Aug 5



Foot continues to be on the mend; I'm still being active and getting things set up for the winter. Advil for the swelling and solid nutrition are helping along with hydration.

I also saw too good of a deal on an inflatable kayak and had to jump at it. A two-seater and just a bit of fun. I went out in it a few days ago and it was a bit of fun and a nice workout. My foot stayed in a relaxed position and even got a bit of the cold water on it to help. 

Lots of stretching and a physiotherapist that loves to twang the hamstrings and make the knees ache. Advil is good for that, too.

Watching the Jays on a surge at the moment is kind of cool - reminds me of 2015. Not quite the same dominance, but ya know, it all starts with a pitching staff. but its baseball and I'm watching it more for the time I get to spend with my wife than anything else. 

My newly purchased Dodge Caravan is in the shop betting a wheel bearing looked at, while I clench my hands to try and calm down. This particular purchasing experience isn't nearly as much fun as I thought it would be. I've sent a note off to them and will follow up today. I'm hoping I didn't set my plans for the future on a literal lemon.

Getting into the dregs of my office while cleaning it out, I found some notes I kept from a rugby club AGM a few years ago. Before throwing the notes into the recycle bin, noticed that I wrote down a quote from one of the other speakers that night - that someone described me as a "friend to hookers". 

It's a rugby thing, you wouldn't understand.


No comments:

Post a Comment