Sunday, January 22, 2023

Jan 15 to 21

IYKYK

 Man, I had to turn off a rugby game to write this - there is some random game online I was watching and it just made this post unreadable. So that's off until I get this done.

This week was a sold A- for me. I closed the rings every day except for last Sunday. I was so sore from the week of training I had to take a day off and use it as a rest day. Today is the following Sunday and I'd like to do something similar, but rather than spend it in bed all day as I did last week, I'd like to have a "Low-impact day". That is no HIIT training, so jumping or sprinting, but just keeping myself moving, slow and low as they say.

The week was otherwise good for training, which is sort of the point of this blog. I did also start to replace my morning meal with a smoothie made at home. Nothing special - almond milk, frozen fruit and a scoop of protein powder. I didn't invent it, so don't blow me up on social media for it. But I'm finding that I'm rather hungry when I get home from work so I'll have to figure something out for that. In any case, life is good.

The swims - I did three swimming workouts this week. I'm also finding that I come out of the water a lot happier than when I went in. Funny how that works- but I totally stole that line from this guy.

HITT workouts are pretty much the same - battle ropes when no one is home, lots of kettlebell work and some elliptical and fan bike each round. Swimming workouts use snorkel and hand paddles - mainly breaststroke and front crawl. Yoga/stretching sessions are really helping, too.

What is interesting is I'm seeing some of the guys I've played rugby with posts from their BJJ/Wrestling clubs they are now in for off-season/training for life. The same guys that used to make fun of me for doing the exact same thing. Sigh. Ah well, I'll get back to Wrestling soon. Need to make my body fitter and more flexible. 

While I was poking around on the internet for the link above, I found this trailer. Check out minute 1:23 of the trailer:


No comments:

Post a Comment