Sunday, January 29, 2023

Jan 22 to 29

 


I'll keep this brief: this was a good week and a bad week. 

Let me explain:

I did swim a lot - by myself and with my dependant, It made my rotator cuff get bungled up - but life goes on. By Thursday my left shoulder was really hurting, so I cut off the swimming and then went to work on doing some training to help it out. Lots of work with bands and kettlebells. 

I also lengthened the cardio/HIIT sessions to 40 minutes this week. I don't see them getting longer - but I do see myself doing some wrestling with Chuck, by Wrestling dummy. All I really need is to keep my heart rate up for at least 40 minutes. It really doesn't matter how I do that. Wrestling with Chuck seems to be another fun way.

Daily yoga sessions in the morning, except for Sunday for some unknown reason. I got the session done, just not "early early". I did manage to get some recovery done this week as well. 

I picked up an electronic pump for the inflatable watercraft this week - it's made my plans for the spring and summer a lot more fun. When the inflatables get in the water quicker, life is better for me.

Today's workout:

4 minutes on the elliptical

2 minutes Kettlebell swings and cleans with 16-kilo bell

90 seconds step-ups onto my inflatable paddleboard (this was so cool)

2 minutes on arms only with the fan bike

30 seconds rest

I got that done for five rounds tonight in 40 minutes. Closed all my rings and I was a happy person.


No comments:

Post a Comment