Sunday, February 5, 2023

Jan 30-Feb 5

 


An interesting week - kind of boring, kind of exciting. It's a busy week for some, and because I can organize my time well, I'm able to have a few moments here and there for myself. Of course, it helps that I've set my life up so that no one at work expects anything from me - and I deliver on that.

I swam on Tuesday night and my rotator cuff was a little spicey on Wednesday. I started to work on it right away in the morning sessions and took Wednesday off of afternoon training. Thursday was cool. I finished every other day's rings off quite nicely.

A workout I played with was this:


15 EMOM:

10 kettlebell swings

5 banded overhead presses

leg swings

then a few minutes of yoga/mobility 

It doesn't seem like much, does it? Yeah, I got a decent low-impact workout from that. On some rounds, I did banded bicep curls but mostly did leg swings to try and keep my hips working. Overhead presses worked as my rotator cuff really wasn't stressed.

I did go for one more swim this week, on Friday night. I did a float first then got into the pool after. It was the first time I'd done a workout after a float. Wasn't too bad - took away all the relaxing aspects of the float, too. My back liked the float and the nice easy swim was helpful too. Opened up my shoulders, too. 

I did get the in-garage workouts up to over 40 minutes this week. Those were just a matter of suffering for a bit longer than I have been. I know that my younger self is just rolling his eyes at that 40 minutes. But that kid is thirty years ago with legs that needed to run. Whatever. 

I also got the paddleboard pumped up with a new-to-me pump and was used as a platform onto which I stepped up during the garage gym workouts.  I need a pic of that, to be frank. 

I'll keep showing up - I'll be happy when the summer comes, I'm merely content at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment