Sunday, February 19, 2023

Feb 13 to 19

 

I knew this pain

I keep starting journal entries off with "Yeah, today"... it's rut-inducing, I have to say. I thought this was going to be an easy week, as it was a short one - but it was difficult despite its brevity. If I was a grade-giving person, I'd have to go with a C or a C+ for this week. Just not good, and mostly complete but not quite.

It started off ok - got to Wednesday without any real difficulty. Had to do a long swim one day to finish the rings, but nothing spectacular. And then ... ugh. Thursday and Friday were messed up. A really long workout to close the rings one day and then just not do anything but mobility on Friday. Saturday was a sleep fest until I had to get to my side hustle and that wasn't just uncool, it was stupid. Shrug. I closed two of three rings, but meh, whatever.

I'll have to get back to good habits and keep showing up. Just keep showing up and things will keep going in the right direction. After Saturday I was feeling more rested, I have to admit. I mean, how could I not be more rested - I slept most of the day away. 

I did see Episode Five The Last of Us somewhere and seeing that huge guy come up out of the hole in the ground with lots of sound effects - I knew that pain. Grunts and groans and yelling. Yeah, I saw myself there.

While swimming, I thought about getting back into hiking outside. I did get to that this week as well, but I wasn't alone and had to take frequent breaks. I was doing okay, but my partner needed to rest. Whatever, the next day the temperature dropped and I just went back inside my garage gym. 

No comments:

Post a Comment