Sunday, March 5, 2023

Feb 27-March4

 

To be fair, it wasn't really at all that much higher ground. I'd attack, too. 

I made the choice to make this week easier than last week. I made deliberate choices and had to stick by them and it worked out for me. Sort of.

I did my weekly fitness test with the Polar HRM and it gave me a lower reading than last week. Then I ran it again and it lowered my fitness level again. It's like it doesn't quite know what to read of me.

That's not to say everything is that thing's fault. Workouts in the afternoons were shorter, but only because I wanted to get my rings done and then had to run off to be a dad. 35-minute workouts that get my rings closed are way better than no workout and no rings closed. It also snowed this Friday and I didn't get a chance for a second swim in my week. 

I also injured my foot and am on Advil to reduce the swelling and pain management. I still got my workouts done. I also broke my elliptical this week too. Not sure what's wrong with it, but it was messed up by Saturday afternoon. The Advil may have also affected the HRM result. Whateverrrrrr.

So with the elliptical out of commission, I did this workout yesterday for five rounds:

3 minutes fan bike

2 minutes 16-kilo bell swings

8-10 bent-over rows to overhead presses with a 16-kilo sandbag

1.5-minute battle ropes

I'll admit, I like the elliptical - it does make my heart rate soar. I like this workout, but it's always more sweat with the elliptical. 

Speaking of sweat, man I need to wash my workout clothes. Eeesh!



No comments:

Post a Comment