Sunday, May 28, 2023

May 22 to 28

 

It was fun but chilly water

There was no movie on in the garage gym this week, as I didn't work out there at all this week. Now, before you get on me, I was outside. Two or three workouts in Lake Ontario on a kayak and two or three hikes in the "wilderness" around Toronto. 

There is no wilderness ... it was a sidewalk or a rather nicely set up pathway. Anyway, no garage gym workouts so far this week. 

The swimming was cool. Literally, they opened the outdoor pool at my gym and I went in for a 1.1-kilometre swim. I'm pretty sure they hadn't turned on the heater. It was pretty chilly. At least at the end, people offered me a beer. I had to decline as I don't want that to become part of the habit at my gym. Anyway, at least I can go earlier for swimming now until the end of September and get in a pool without teenaged asshats sprinting for all their worth.

Lake Ontario was fickle too - one session was meter-high waves in the surf which flooded the kayak I was in. I got to surf one of the waves though ... which was unreal. The next day, the lake was as flat as a pancake. Was differently awesome. I will be exploring the rest of the province one day, but that was not this week. 

Anyway, closed the rings six out of seven days. Fitness is starting to show up in my life. I just need to continue to master the art of showing up. That's all it takes, really ... that and a big goddamn poster. 

No comments:

Post a Comment