Sunday, September 10, 2023

Sept 5 to 10

 

This young one was watching me this week.

A good week - closed my rings every day ... all the rings, all the days. A good return to work and lots of fitness and lots of things moving forward.

Need to work on the diet next, but at least I can use the schedule that I have to keep to my advantage. 

Bought a pair of 20 lb dumbbells for the morning routine I'm keeping at the moment. Got the afternoon session planned and ready to go. Almost. Need a few things to clear up - not the least of which is the weather to stop being so muggy and let the regular adult weather come back and run the room. 

Morning sessions continue to evolve and look like this:

10 minutes mobility - 90/90 stretches, downward dogs to planks, to low planks, to high planks to downward dogs to one leg up, lots of stretching and mobility

10 minutes of ab work - rounds of swimmers leg kicking, BJJ leg pummeling, hollow holds, dead bugs, ab flares and big ball rollouts with 20 lb standing rows and flys.

10 minutes of shoulders and back - rounds of 20 lb standing lateral raises, then into 10 meels and then reverse meels, then to banded lat pulls and lat chest pulls, tricep extensions, banded bicep curls and overhead presses. 

Swimming sessions in the afternoons/evenings have been awesome - some were short ones, just to finish off the rings, and some were longer on days I was lazy. I look forward to my afternoon HIIT sessions to make the evening swimming sessions just for fun and extra cardio.

Got my side hustle set up until Christmas and things are settling down nicely after the transitional nature of last week. Should be awesome. 


No comments:

Post a Comment