Wednesday, June 19, 2019

June 11 to 18

Tuesday June 11 was a long rugby training session, as a number of activities for my kids are finally over. I got a white board session done which helped a little with "the system".

The next few days were rough ones for my knees and hamstrings. I was selected to start second xv front row on Saturday. I'm glad to report we won all of our set piece - scrums and line outs. Throws were on and the timing was ok. I did get a few touches on the ball. The game was also won.

I left right after the game to get my kid home from a swimming event, left to go for a coffee, then had to go pick up another kid and take them to a different event. Then I got to do some swimming and water recovery. Sunday was the same. My legs and knee was sore and puffy. I wasn't sure what to do in the water other than roll the muscles, stretch, walk and jump. I did have a six-year-old yell at me that I shouldn't be splashing in the outdoor pool at Cedar Springs. I stopped and waited for him to leave ... and went back to splashing.

Puffiness continued Monday and Tuesday, too. Lots of icing and Advil to try and get the swelling down. I approached the Athletic Trainer at the Rugby Club, They chuckled when I asked them to look at a sore knee/hamstring combo.

As I write this on Wednesday morning, Hamstring is better but the knee is still puffy. Meh, let's see what the day brings.



No comments:

Post a Comment