Monday, June 10, 2019

June 3 to June 10

The early morning cardio continues.

Most days this week it was 25 minutes of straght cardio with one or two days of kettlebells/cardio HITT workouts. Rolling and stretching in the pool are great additions to this excellent habit.

After the game on Saturday, went to Cedar Springs and got into the pool. Did something very strange to my left ankle and it was sore for a few hours. I woke up on Sunday, thinking I was going to be moving badly and ... it was fine. Weird. Someone commented that it was a sign of arthritis. Great.

Need to keep moving. And stretching.

Nutrition is marginally better with a focus on soup and healthier options. Salads and lots of water for lunches.

Saturday was an away game in Barrie. We had the lead when I went on and got up a number of points but blew it with missed tackles and an inability to hold the ball and go into contact. We had to kill the clock and we just couldn't get that done. Shame, really.

At least we got the bonus points and we saw the system work when we held onto the ball. It looked slick, man. Seriously. I still do need a white board session with someone with a lot more experience with this system than me. And I need for the ASL class to be over and get back to two training sessions a week.

The other guy played for Barrie this weekend. Shame, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment