Thursday, June 27, 2019

June 19 to 27

So Tuesday I pulled the chute on rugby training ... the knee just wasn't having it. Too puffy and too sore. So, I went anyway and tried to be helpful.

I don't think I was very helpful, but at least I tried.

The rest of the week was in the pool at Cedar Springs ... well, I mean the training part of the week. I wish I could have spent this week sprawled on the side of this pool.

There were morning and afternoon sessions, depending on the day. Lots of walking, rolling and stretching of the legs, hips, shoulders and back.

I've started working with a trainer and saw a physio in order to get my summertime experiences covered by insurance. Should be at least cheap for me.

Thursday was the exam night for the ASL class and so I headed home instead of to the rugby field afterwards. Meh, I'm glad it's done. I look forward to working on expanding my knowledge of ASL.

Saturday was not a good day - I didn't even make it through the warm-up before the knee let me know not to play. It was too sore and it was threatening to make me feel even worse. I sat myself.

Recovery sessions have been all this week ... on land and in the water. I'm back to thinking that I can start to run soon. I'll check that out tomorrow or Saturday. Man, it's going to be Canada Day soon.

And ... yeah. This was a tough year, man.

No comments:

Post a Comment