Monday, October 10, 2022

Oct 2 to 10


 

I did a lot of yoga, some swimming some walking/hiking this week. I did sleep in a New to me RV one day this weekend. I had done more than 70 minutes of yoga that day and took Advil, so I slept well. The RV was on an angle, but it was fun for the first time sleeping in it.

I woke up to a golden set of trees at sunrise. My phone was dead, otherwise, I'd be posting a pic of it. The beginning of great things I hope.

In any case, when I say yoga, I mean the session I do in the afternoon where I do this:

Warm up - face down, rocking back and forth, switching to a 90 / 90 pose, lots of others, hips stretching, QL stretching and then shoulder stretching. I will also get some rolling done now, and I use a kettlebell as a Graston tool and strip my hip flexor.  Yes, I screamed.

A bit more of a warm-up - getting into standing poses, one leg out, "runner's stretch" - and then at least three rounds of:

20 KB swings

10 kb cleans

10 kb presses

10 goblet squats

Then a yoga flow in which I go from planks to one leg up to standing on both feet back down to one, then get the leg out the back in a "bird dog" position, then back and forth.

I usually end this session with a warm down, getting my heart rate back under control and being happy. 

I do something similar in the evenings, leaving out the Graston and just getting down into a very low squat. Significantly less screaming, I must say.

What else? Oh, I swam 1.1 km in the pool this evening, too. I like the tools and toys I've collected for that. I do need to find a set time when the various swim teams leave me in peace. Tonight they had some sort of meet and were going to go after closing. Meh, whatever. I hit the outdoor pool in 10-degree weather and had a great time. I was done by closing time and ran away. The water was warmer than the air.

Taken Oct 10/22. Hashtag awesome



No comments:

Post a Comment