Monday, June 26, 2023

June 19 to 25

 


Almost let this week slip by. I'm so tired and the end of June is here. I've got another double job summer lined up, but this time I've got a plan and we will see this summer be better than last summer.

I did. a lot of swimming this week. And stuck with the early morning "yoga" - now including a set of banded exercises for my shoulders, on top of the dumbbell stuff I'm already doing. My abs are nice and strong, I just need to get the diet under control to start letting them see the light of day.

I did get an outdoor HIIT session done o the turf at my gym. An excellent facility: no little black things to get everywhere, usually no one uses it and it has lights. All three checkmarks make this place just awesome.  After the session, I got to jump into a pool and do a contrast session to help with recovery.

Three rounds of:

Indian club swings

banded shoulder presses

banded bicep curls

rugby passes to the wall

Three rounds of:

banded standing ab crunches

10 push-ups

ten mountain climbers with the slidey things under my feet.

Rugby line-out throws

Finished with

Three Figure 8's / sprints around the turfed area

line out throws

It was a good session, took about 40 minutes and I needed to do some recovery afterwards. The sprints at the end were not fast, but at least I got them done. Got my heart rate up to 150 there, too. 

Closed the rings five out of seven times. Missed any hiking this week as I needed to stay away from ticks this time of year. That, and it was muggy and hot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment