Sunday, September 27, 2026

Sept 20 to 27

 


Man, this was a decent week - and it went by quickly. All morning sessions done in the morning. I did get like five or six evening 30 min+ walks in with the dog. I know the dog likes them; I at least get a tail-wagging greeting.

Most mornings I'm off with the dog for a short walk by 6:15am. It's after that we do the stretching/lifting/mobility stuff. I got to work this week my usual M-F and home by 4 pm most days. It's a boring life, but a one that I've lived for six years. The pandemic, man ... I gave up a lot of stuff that was so stressful in the middle of that apocalypse. I also sat for those years, so I'm still kind of trying to get my mobility and fitness back from the pandemic as well.

Anyway, I also got the cold plunge back in working order this week as well - the ozone treatment device arrived. I'm going to try it out Monday, so officially next week my cold plunge stays clean.

Right, the morning sessions vary a bit more this week, as I started to involve more equipment, as you'll see.

8-10 minutes baby pace, 90/90 stretches, WGS, runner's stretch, BW squats. Push-ups. Downward dog to cobra pose. 

8-10 minutes hip, ab and low back work - clamshell stretch, leg raises. Putting on socks stretch with rotations. Swimmer's kicks, BJJ leg pummeling. Sandbag pressing and sandbag rows.

4-5 minutes of standing warrior pose, leg swings and hip CARS with the big PVC pipe. 

In the evenings, the walks were almost every night. I missed one for date night and one for pure laziness. 

As mentioned, I did get the cold plunge filled on Friday - it would have been filled a lot quicker had I shut the release valve before starting to fill it. .... le sigh.... I did do a decent job of washing my driveway. I got in and enjoyed the better feelings in my hips, knees and ankles.  





No comments:

Post a Comment