Sunday, September 25, 2022

Sept 19 to 24

 

via GIPHY

Lots of swimming this week - I think I went three times. Also, the stretching sessions in the afternoon have morphed into stretching and the a bit of a HIIT session. Still, in the end, I stretch and I get sweaty. My heart likes it as well as my major joints.

A typical session is this

start on the mat, baby pose. Stretch out shoulders and back

Then to 90 and 90 on my butt, stretching hips out. 

rolling legs and shoulders and back

downward dog

Runner's stretch to 

One or two rounds of

10 stand up BW squats

20 kettlebell swings - hand to hand

10 kb cleans

10 kb clean and presses

10 -20 kettlebell halos

10 kettlebell rows

The back to stretching - usually lying down hamstring stretches with a towel around the foot

back to stretching out the hips and quads

and ... fini.

A very good month so far

Probably not the greatest use of my time but I'm finding that my body actually feels like it is glowing at the end of it - and not from the sweat.

The other workouts - the swimming ones are like this:

100 m warm up -usually slow breast stroke, just to try and get everything moving and warm

100 m breast stroke with snorkel and hand fins - arms only

100 m legs only - been working on kicking for butterfly and freestyle

100 m front crawl - working on technique

50 m crazy fast front crawl - every piece of kit on to go as fast as we can. 

100 m easy swimming - whatever we want

50m slow down and relax

it's 600m for now, but I know I'll be adding meters to the middle. Feels good. The only difficulty is the fast as heck sets - I keep nearly drowning as I'm flooding my snorkel with how fast I have to breathe. Anyway, I'm just glad to be doing something other than nothing. 

This week coming up I can get back out to hiking, as the heat has taken off, leaving me with the awesome colours to go and see. Hopefully the rain stays away and I can get out there and enjoy.

I did turn on the Sleep Mode for the iPhone and watch. It's interesting to see that data at the end of the week. Not so much fun when I realize I'm not getting enough sleep in the evenings, which necessitate and afternoon nap to get enough sleep altogether. Something should be done there. 





No comments:

Post a Comment