Sunday, July 23, 2023

July 18 to 22

This is from 2010.


This was a weird week - I got back from a working vacation and have been doing everything positive ...almost everything positive habits tell me to do.

The negative is my sleep - I just need more sleep. To be fair, I was watching the Canadian Women's Soccer team play until after 1am one day this week. And the Blue Jays are on a west coast trip so I've been trying to watch those games. I love watching the Jays play in Seattle - it is hilarious. 

Right, got back on ... I dunno let's say Wednesday and every day since then I've done my morning yoga routine and gone for a swim in the evening. 

Morning routine:

5-8 minutes downward dog, single and double legs variations, prone planks, 90 - 90 stretch, world's greatest stretch, elbow on the mat planks, hip mobility runner's stretches and push-ups.

I flip over then do 8-10 minutes of ab work - dead bugs, swimmer's legs, BJJ legs, "grabbing the knee and pulling in" stretch, make no eye contact stretch, one leg hip extension, on the ball squats, big ball chopper stretch, big ball ab rollouts, big ball prone dumbbell rear delt flys and straight arm presses. I also take some time to do some quad rolling along with some hip flexor rolling.

Then on to shoulders for 8-10 minutes - starting with dumbbell lateral raises, dumbbell arc casts, then onto banded shoulder pulls and chest pulls. The on to banded biceps curls banded deadlifts and overhead presses. I do this until I get to at least 30 minutes, sometimes longer. 

It's not a bad way to start the day, even if it really isn't yoga - it is at least a gentle way of getting myself up and running for the day. At least my hips like this routine. 

Of course, generally speaking, it is off for a coffee and breakfast these days, then onto sitting in front of my desktop for a few hours, working. Since I'm working from home, I get some leeway about breaks until about 3pm. Then it's time for the family and then ending the day by going for a swim. 

I am intending to get both a weight bench and some sort of elliptical machine for the winter months. The garage gym is a complete mess right now - it's on the list To Do list for this week to get it cleaned up. The Fire Drill I'm planning for in August is going to be a necessity. I'm hoping to train to a much higher level this winter and see better results in my doctor appointments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment