Tuesday, July 18, 2023

July 9 to July 17

Not a bad office, not a good gym ... yet


 I have been on vacation.

Well, not really. I'm working remotely inside the new-to-me RV. We are out in a provincial park and I'm working from there. I'm working off an expensive cell phone mifi device that is acceptable, but not really. Ah well, we are almost done. I'm home tomorrow or the day after.

I'm up-to-date on my marking, but my fitness journey is just off. No swimming, no running only minimal stretching and only one kettlebell. I did some sessions, but nothing is really being done.  

To be fair, I'm more worried about keeping my position than training at the moment. There are so many things not in my favour for my fitness journey here. Of course, this is also my first time trying something like this and I'm in the middle of a steep learning curve. Honestly, I know what to bring now and will keep looking at just how to keep my fitness and mobility up during times like these.

We are home soon and I'll go back to old habits and have all of my things conveniently close by. I'm hoping that new good habits will continue and I can go back to other good habits. 

In short, I've been standing perfectly still, but trying things to get my transition to retirement less rough.

No comments:

Post a Comment