Monday, December 26, 2022

Dec 19 to 25



This was a rather odd week. I was always tired, as this was the end of the toughest part of the year for me. Just getting to Christmas Break without a major fight for my health was a nice break from the usual routine about this time of year. Lots of water and an easy-effort diet. 

Monday to Thursday was nice and boring - circles finished off without any difficulty. Friday was being stuck in the house and napping a lot. I mean a lot. Saturday was more of the same. Water and a little early morning yoga then napping. It was restful.

Sunday was Christmas and I got up stupid early as I am wont to do these days and got my yoga stretching in before getting coffee. My children are getting older and so waking up before dawn isn't a thing for them anymore. We had everything done by 9am though. Which was a respectful hour. We slunk away to our respective spots and then chilled for the day. I did get a rather nice HIIT session done before we went to the turkey dinner, too. 

A very cool Sumola

I did get my sandbag back in the mix here, too. I was watching a few guys from India use piece of wood as exercise equipment and thought that I could use the sandbag for that. It was awkward as I'd never done the movements before, but I see myself keeping this type of training up.  Kinda cool, too.

Need to get my PVC Indian clubs out for this summer. 

Anyway, the side hustle starts up again this week and I'm also looking forward to getting some swims and HIIT sessions. Maybe even a yoga class. Who knows, right?

HIIT workouts were:

5-minute warm-up on elliptical machine

2 minutes kb - 2 handed swings, one handed cleans and presses

90-second swings with sandbag - its' about 16-18 kilos at the moment.

90 seconds of battle ropes

then back to the elliptical for at least two minutes. Then another round of this. Got to 40 minutes today and it was pretty sweaty inside a very cold garage.





No comments:

Post a Comment