Monday, December 4, 2023

Nov 27-Dec 3

 


This was a cool week - I finished the Apple Fitness app November challenge and got on to the December monthly challenge ... but I took Tuesday and Thursday off. My shoulders and body needed a rest. That being said Sunday was hilarious.

I slept in until noon, so no "morning" routine. I got that done that afternoon. I then did some stuff for the week and got a HIIT done in my garage for 30 minutes. I showered, played some StarCraft and then went for a 20-minute swim session. Crazy.

At least I'm working a little on the backstroke and the butterfly during my swim sessions of late.

But Monday morning my shoulders felt a wee stressed, yaknowwhatimsaying? 

Morning sessions were like this:

90/90 hip stretches, baby pose to downward dog, to plank to cobra pose. Just getting things moving and the heart pumping. Mobility and just some movement.

Side-lying leg lifts, ab work to follow on the weighted ball and the 65 cm stability ball. Crunches, dead bugs, leg lifts, swimming kicks, ab holds, ab rollouts. Lots of focus on the abs. Abs, abs, abs.

Then the last ten or so minutes are usually two or three circuits, starting with 50 kb swings, using a 20 lb dumbbell. 10 dumbbell lateral raises, then banded lat pulls and the banded bicep curls. I finished with banded overhead presses. 

Honestly, it's a nice piece of work and I'm getting it done every day. Just, you know ... some days it is done before 6:30 am, and other days after 2 pm. It's all about balance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment