Sunday, December 31, 2023

Dec 25-31

 


I'm doing this post at about 9pm. What a piece of work ... I'm gladly wearing shorts and a T-shirt to be cozy at home on NYE. Man, what a lame New Year's Eve party. 

But not really. 

Significantly less chance of stupid whizzing straight into my forehead and knocking me out. 

This week was another odd one - finished four of the rings and the other three days were non-starters. Yeah, I wanted to finish off 2023 with a bang, but I'm just chilling man. 

There have been some tender spots in my shoulders, but at least cardio is doing well at the moment. I enjoyed the days off, as it allowed a bit of healing in there. I do need to start to get some help with my training - help with recovery and with expanding my sessions. I know I need to get this done, but January is the stupid time of the year for reaching out to people in the fitness industry. This is their unreal season and I just don't want that. 

I will get some help with recovery without any difficulty I'm sure. We can start there. 

I did notice that my usual spots of grinding pain have turned themselves down to a 2 this week. Very grateful for that - seems using bands and swimming as cardio agrees with my joints. I just know that I have to crank up the cardio and the recovery work in the next few months. 

That and diet. Oh, man do I need to watch what I stuff into my mouth. 

Swim sessions are looking like this:

100 m breaststroke

400 m freestyle

50 m kickboard

400 m freestyle

50 m breaststroke



No comments:

Post a Comment