Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Dec 18-25

 Yeah, that was a weird week ... but I was glad to see the end of it, quite frankly. I keep using the phrase I stole from Lincoln "the last full measure" when thinking about this time of the year; it isn't far off from how I feel. Just too much crap too much coming my way on the professional and personal fronts. Then ... it's like a post-apocalyptic week of grey nuclear winter afterwards. 

I got through the end of the week and got into the holidays. I am alive and got my workouts mostly done. I got the rings closed four times this week - the rest of the days I missed the red ring - the one for activity. I was usually busy being a dad, but sometimes I was just being tired.  This was a long grinding few months and it is over. January is an easier month for me professionally, but usually not personally. 

Morning routines held on for the most part, but not always done by 7 am. I've been able to sleep in and then go to bed early a few nights. This nagging cough is fighting my serenity. 

Man, I love the swimming workouts - quiet and late enough that usually, no one else is there to mess with my serenity. 

Ew. Earlier on in the day - which is why I go much later



No comments:

Post a Comment