Sunday, October 22, 2023

Oct 16 to 22

 


It is just good advice ... and something of a mantra these days. That one and "If the octopus can recover after a tragedy, so can you".

Yeah, that second one might be why I'm still using a late-night swim most days to complete my rings.  Morning sessions continue much the same. I did pick up a thicker band this week for the rows. I will pick up another one for the curls and overhead presses. Need to continue my progress.

I keep thinking about a return to contact sports. I do like them, but am enjoying the solitude of the pool at the moment. Usually, I show up at the pool and it is just me. 

I love the idea of solitude. Just myself and my thoughts - some are the intrusive kind that are drawn out and are confronted. My thoughts and ideas about what I could be doing with my life and how much further along I will be if I just keep showing up. 

So I just keep showing up. By myself. With my family. For my family. I just keep showing up. 

And so the idea of my family - my wife and my children keeps me from feeling lonely. I'm by myself. I'm enjoying the solitude, but I'm not lonely. 

What's that line from ee cummings? Oh yeah ... "i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart)"

But the morning sessions and the swimming continue. The learning ASL continues as well. I keep making progress. All is good. 



No comments:

Post a Comment