Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Sept 26 to Sept 30

The weekend was another up and down event for me.

Up in that I was slected to play and stepped in and played most of the McCormick Cup bronze medal game thanks to an injury. I'm not sure I was tactically prepared for the game, but at least I made tackles and help my team avoid a 500 fine if they defaulted.

But at least I got to play and I didn't look like I was a whale on a beach, walking around the pitch. I wasn't the best on the pitch on the day - not by a long shot, to say it nicely - but I was on the pitch this year. Thanks to Timehop, I saw that a year ago I was watching my team play in the Intermediate Cup in Vaughn. I have to admit, I was happier on the pitch than beside it.

I'm planning on getting myself as healthy as I can in order to regularly play seconds XV next year. Now, whether this happens is largely in my hands, I believe. Fitness and health is the key to the whole she-bang


No comments:

Post a Comment