Monday, July 10, 2017

Friday, Saturday and Sunday Jul 9

Friday was the usual, a morning walk with a morning stretching session. It was also a date night - after a long drive to and from work got the youngest down in time and went for a pool walk with my wife.

Ugh, the mobility work was very much needed.

Saturday was a rugby day, of course. I'm playing for my club's third XV at the moment and it's very frustrating. I hate showing up to a nearby away game to find out most of the guys who were committed to coming just didn't come. I'm not used to that level of non-commitment, and it's just sad.

Ah well, I did the line outs, helped someone else get better at line outs, too. I also scrummed hard and tried to help the team as much as possible. I didn't stay for the meal after, as I just thought it more important to stay married than argue the finer points of rugby.

I got home and did some recovery work.

Sunday was a recovery day, too. I ended up taking my wife and youngest for a long session in the pool. Ah, it was nice and sunny but a little chilly, if you can believe that. We stayed in the hot tub and went for a slide or two in the inside pool. My legs and hips got stretched out, too.

Nutrition improved with a home cooked meal, for a change, too. Time heals all wounds, including those made of stress.



No comments:

Post a Comment