Sunday, August 7, 2022

July 21 to Aug 7

 So ... like two weeks, right?

Let me check my Apple Rings to see how many I've closed. As I'm looking here, I got pretty stressed about things by the end of summer school. A lot of Activity rings closed, not many Standing or Exercise rings being closed.

Once school was over, it's been pretty close to every day getting everything closed. I even got a kettle bell / HIIT session done today, Aug 7th. See pic for tools. It was a lot of sweat in the heat and a lot of fun. 

I've also gotten the kayak out five or six times - my son and wife each had at least one go on it too. Something I'm leaving in the van in case we get a chance to get to the beach together. And we've been doing that a lot recently, too. 

Generally speaking I'm still getting up stupidly early. The getting to the water in the kayak or out for a walk. Today the kettle bell session was finished by 8am.

Then it's home with coffee with my wife

Then we do separate stuff; we both have things we want to do in August.

Then have dinner together - usually while watching the Jays together. 

I'm generally leaving to get a swim in around 8pm, as the pool closes at 9pm.

Then bed.

I missed being active, I missed being on the move all the time. And while I'm far from being in decent shape, I like this feeling. I'm also finding out how much more energy I have for stupid crap around the house, too. 

I have one basket of laundry to do in the house and that is it. 


Anyway .... here is today's HIIT:

20 Hand to Hand Kb

10 Kb cleans

10 Kb presses

25 yards overhead press walk both sides

10 body weight squats

10 band bicep curls

It took about a half hour to get four rounds of this done. I was walking on the rugby pitch between rounds. It was gorgeous. So green and damp from early morning waterings. Unreal, man. Seriously. 

No comments:

Post a Comment