Sunday, February 26, 2023

Feb 20-27

 


I did my Vision Board check-in earlier today - I did pretty well this week - got every day done except for Friday. I still need to work on my diet. I'm trying to out-train a bad diet at the moment. I know how that goes, but at least my cardio is getting better.

What am I doing stupidly on Friday? Anyway, did a long HIIT session on Saturday before my side hustle and it was all good. All the other days were smooth as silk and as tasty as milk. Shrug

I did get to the pool only once this week - there was a snowstorm that messed up driving on Thursday. Whatever, man. I took care of it with a nice training session inside. All good.

The indoor session looked like this:

4 minutes on the elliptical as a warm-up

90-second 16-kilo kb swings 

70 count of battle ropes

10 step-ups, banded overhead presses.

2 minutes seated arms only fan bike

30-second rest, then repeat. 

I got to 40-45 minutes most days by doing that six or seven times. Yeah, boring, but at least it is warmer than running outside.

I have also been doing ok with the Polar Heart Rate monitor. I've been using it with the second screen - see the video above. It's allowed me to make sure I'm working at a demanding enough level for my fitness. As you can see, I'm only working on cardio at the moment. Although mobility in the mornings just after I wake up has been working wonderfully. I usually get that done before the side of me that complains all the time has time to start. I have to tell you, it has been really helpful.


No comments:

Post a Comment