Sunday, September 1, 2024

Aug 18 to 31

...and a nice purchase of a used kayak to boot ... 

So I closed all of the rings five times in these fourteen days. I closed two of the three rings almost every day during this same period. 

It's the writing stuff down that is helping me - but it was also having so many things on my mind and keeping me away from the pool or from actually training that killed me. With the turning into a new phase of the year next week, I'm hoping to get walks and be alive in my daily schedule and life.

I did have a few nice swimming sessions these days, but I'm most impressed with the daily focus on mobility and strength in the mornings. That habit is a great one. I really need to make sure that I keep up that habit. 

Morning routine is looking like this these days

10 minutes of mobility - cat-cow stretch, standing warrior, 90/90 stretch, hamstring stretches of various poses and qualities, standing on tiptoe and reaching up.

10 minutes of ab work - ball stretches, ball table pose, ball squats - right down to butt touching heels!. Ball shoulder flies and flat presses along with ball rollouts. 

10 minutes of dumbbell shoulder raises, bicep curls and shoulder presses with bands. Also, rows and face pulls with bands for the back and shoulders. Body weight squats to finish. Usually, three rounds of this take ten minutes. 

Some nice results for my shoulders using this routine daily. As always, I'm a guy so I always want bigger arms and shoulders. I'm also of the opinion I should be able to move and walk without a limp so I keep working on that on the daily. 

I do have a working version of my schedule until the end of January and it looks positive and if I can take advantage of the opportunities it allows, I'll get further along in the fitness journey than I am at present!

No comments:

Post a Comment