Wednesday, July 4, 2018

June 5 to July 4

This month is always a tough one.

I did score another try in June - in Oshawa. I'm still not back to the fitness level I feel the need to achieve. I've started on that path again.

Training on nights without rugby - Sundays, too as recovery from twenty minutes of game time is pretty easy. Solid sessions, just not long enough yet. Lots of kettlebells and bodyweight sessions ... and walking. lots of walking.

Training last night - Tuesday, July 3rd - was a real let down for me. Knee hurting during one of the drills and staying out of a contact drill for fear of injury were things that normally would not have stuck in my mind as hurtful or stupid. Today and last night they pricked my conscience.

I chatted about summer plans with a few of the guys and they laughed about what it is that I am doing - I'm working in Brampton this summer. Paying bills this way is pretty easy for me - I've got everything planned and photocopied and posted. It's all good.

I'm hoping that I can work on my own fitness these days - I did do a short walk before leaving this morning ... and plan on doing something tonight. Just not sure what and where. I will get something done, though.

At least my hip has stopped fighting me - now I'm back to fighting my belly and inflexible thingys.

I just want to be happy and I'm not at the moment ... and it's all within my power to solve these things that are bugging me. I need to summon up my own discipline and need time for that.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Mark,

    Regular follower here. I am glad that your hip has stopped.

    Hope you get back to your training regurarly.

    Christine

    ReplyDelete