Sunday, July 14, 2019

July 3 to 14

I missed posting last week. Hardly surprising as I've been so outlandishly busy. I got a call for summer school and I started on July 2.

I spent the rest of the time since then marking or planning where to mark. Or playing rugby. Or in a pool somewhere trying to get my legs to stop hurting. The pool workouts never show up on the Polar Loop device. Mah, what ever.

I did get a kettlebell workout or two done. I did run today. My knees responded very positively to the playing of rugby with the orthotic inserts in the cleats this past Saturday. I'll have to see how it feels after training on Tuesday.

I didn't get more than a few minutes on Saturday. I understand that I look and act hurt these days. Last Saturday in Oakville the Second XV got crushed and I only played a half in the heat. I did score the team's only try, though. In a moment of grossness I had to squeeze the water out of my jersey before someone else took my place on the field. I mean it "schleerped" off of me and it was completely soaked. Just gross.

It took me like three days to drink enough water to fully recover.

This weekend I did get on for a few minutes and we crushed their scrum. It was kind of an idiot move on our part as the game was in hand, but I was trying to steal their ball. It was a drag getting into the game that late. On the drive home, I had no time to brood, I'm glad to report. I had another guy in the car and he kept me from thinking too much. I was very grateful for that.

As I said earlier, I did a run today. Not much recovery needed this week.

I did do some workouts and I got a lot of steps done since July 3, thanks to moving around the classroom at work. I'm not sure if this is the healthiest summer on record for me, but at least I'm making bank and having fun. I'm looking forward to doing something totally silent in August.

I'm finding that waking up stupid early gives me more time to get more things done ... but it was also very nice to sleep in today and then take my daughters out for breakfast.



No comments:

Post a Comment