Wednesday, July 3, 2019

June 28 to July 2

June 28 and 29, just had to get through the days. Did morning walks and then tried not to freak out about work or family issues going on.

I finished the semester and got a call on Friday about summer school.

I don't have a lot of choice in the matter and so I spent the afternoon getting stuff ready for the following week. I spent the Saturday getting ink and things printed off ... and a laptop for the middle child. And then going to the Apple Store with the laptop to get it figured out.

Saturday night I got a float in and slept for nearly two hours in the pod. No, that was not a typo.

We got that done and I was still more than ready on Tuesday.

I've done all this before. I know the stresses and I know where the pitfalls are, man. Keep stress free as much as possible, be as pleasant as you can to everyone and make sure you get a walk or cardio session done in the morning.

I got a kettlebell or two in the car over the weekend and planned out tomorrow's early training and prep for work. I know what I am going to do now. And so ... all I have to do is perform.

Sunday and Monday I also got simple walks in, trying to get this freaking hamstring to work. Of course Tuesday I got to training and my hamstring went "Poiiiing" on a sprint and I walked it off. I had ice on it for a while. The trainer did nothing to help, which wasn't surprising. Alas, these things happen. I was so pissed off at my leg.

I went to have a pint and the wrong person was behind the bar, so I went to bed. Annoying people are legion.

No comments:

Post a Comment