Monday, September 23, 2019

Sept 16 to 22

I missed rugby this week because of the fact that I'm a dad and am needed to be that ballast in the house. When I'm not there, it seems, the world crashes down.

I do what I do best. I float in a boat and help others travel their journey with safety.

It's a nice sentiment, but it makes for crappy training plans. Meh, I got a few workouts done - I even did some hill "sprints" last night at a park near my house. I'll do those from now on while out on a walk or run. Spiked my HR up, so that was good.

A lot of standing around, driving people to various events and cleaning things was my life, too. I can see why others sense that they have lost their identity when they get to this stage of their lives - living a lot for others isn't a lot of fun. At all.

But I want you to know that I know what I was getting in to - I signed up for this. Am I the epitome of happiness at the moment? Ah, no. But, am I looking for a way out? Ah, no that idea as well. I chose this, I made it happen. And now... I move forward.

Training when I can, having a bag and a gym and a gym membership ready to go when a moment presents itself. These are things I already have. Plans and workouts in my head and in my phone that I can make happen ready to go. I need the time, but I have everything else.

I did check weight this week and I was disappointed. I'll make progress for next time. I need to be under the next round number by the end of the month. It's doable, I just need to focus and train.

No comments:

Post a Comment