Monday, July 10, 2023

July 3 to July 9

 

The woods are lovely, dark and deep...

Man, I'm doing this a smidgen late - meh, excuses are wonderful, but at least I know I was away in an RV yesterday without wifi. It was wonderful and terrifying at the same time. I hate big brother watching everything I do, but I do like being inside some sort of safety net. 

Anyway, got 5 out of 7 days' rings closed. Yoga and swimming throughout. Pic above is the Sunday morning version of "yoga" in the woods. The bugs weren't too bad, but they weren't attacking me as severely as the others I was with there. Being hairy and smelly has perks.

Did this:

Ground stretching for ten minutes - frog and dog stretching downwards and otherwise. Hip opening and shoulder stretching. QL stretching as well. Then into abs - flat legs up swimming kicking and then dead bigs and prone hand lifting. Was good.

Kettlebells and band work. Swings and presses of all types along with body weight and banded exercises for twenty minutes. In the middle of this workout, I keep recalling Supple Leopard stuff I should be doing and looking up. 

Anyway, Swimming is going well - I'm happy with the fitness and the joint health aspects of it for the moment. I know that September is a long way away, but I'm wondering what I can continue and what the cards have up their sleeves. Probably the cards are cheating, but I'll never know.


No comments:

Post a Comment