Sunday, August 27, 2023

Aug 20 to 27

 

I think I see what Emily Dickenson thought about trees

So I was at my house for most of this time, making it relatively easy to get things like my morning yoga/mobility training done daily. It was also not a huge thing to close my rings most days - swims in the evenings are going nicely. I'm starting to get back to a regular Sept - June routine again, so I'm back to getting up before 6 a.m.

No, that was not a typo. 

The nice thing today, for example, I got up at 6 a.m., did my 35-minute session and then got to take my middle child out for breakfast. After breakfast, I went back and had a nap. Yeah, the holidays are awesome. 

The morning sessions are always evolving, so this is what my morning session is looking like today:

First ten minutes - yoga poses, hip mobility focus. Downward dog, to one leg up pose. dolphin pose, pigeon pose, world's greatest stretch, one-leg standing, etc etc etc. Lots of hip mobility.

Next ten minutes - abs and core. Dead bugs, swimming legs on the back, BJJ leg pummeling, seated leg extensions, hip thrusters, squats, triangle pose. Ab rollouts from the knee, back on the ball, rotations, standing dumbbell ITY poses. 

Last ten or so minutes - arms and back. Dumbbell lateral raises, dumbbell meels, standing banded pullovers and pulldowns, tricep extensions, Bicep curls, overhead presses.

By the end of that, I'm sweaty and my heart rate is decent. I do like the look of my shoulders and abs - just need to carve the fat off of them to really show them off. I am teasing, of course. I'm not really interested in cutting down to 68 kilos anymore. I'm happy to be in smaller pants, don't get me wrong, but I'm really more focused on mobility rather than powerlifting or bodybuilding. 

Today was a good day in that I'm away in the woods, but I was able to get my morning session done and then got an afternoon session done as well to close my rings. I just made sure I was ready to go with my equipment in one bag and just kept going and going. 


No comments:

Post a Comment