Sunday, July 19, 2015

Thursday July 16, Friday and Saturday July 18

Thursday was a training night. I was picked co-captain of the seconds XV, so I had a fairly decent session lifting and scrumming. I'd like to get some work done on my throws, but that seems to be a lower priority at the moment.

Scrums are doing fairly well though.

In any case, after the training session, I got this done for three rounds, as I had to get up to the clubhouse to take part in a celebration of life of one of the founding members of the club.

20 step ups
15 push ups
20 bw squats

Nothing complicated, just enough to get a sweat going and get some muscles moving.

Friday was an off day, chasing a little boy around and making sure he was safe. It was so humid I slept in the basement.

Saturday was a rugby day. I haven't seen any pics yet, but I'm pretty sure there are a few good ones out there. The team I was captain for won their game in a gut wrenching brawl to the end, 17-22. Yeah, those games are fun, but I also like the games where we're winning by 20 with 10 minutes to go.

I played the entire second team game and then got in for about 40 more with the first team. I was really pooched by the end of it. I just lay down on the ground for the rest of the game. Except for the last ten minutes or so, when they were looking for a front row replacement... so I had to get myself back kitted up and ready to go back in. It would have been not very good if I had to go back in, but I was willing to get it done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment