Thursday, November 15, 2018

Nov 9-14

As crazy as I thought the last few weeks have been ...

Weeks?

Yeah, let me fix that.

As crazy as the last few years have been, I've reached new lows in terms of time available for training and doing things that I enjoy doing like training, cardio and rugby.

I have had a few tough conversations with myself about all of the time I am spending doing things instead of pursuing my dreams. I keep stopping in the middle of drives to various events and things and have been asking myself "Is this what you want? Am I making myself happy?"

Well, most days I say that I am happy. But there are also a growing number of days that I have been saying "No." There have been a few too many days in which I look at my "To Do list" and there is nothing on it that makes me happy.

I started taking stock of things in my life and what I want to do with the time that I have left. In the next forty years, what do I want?

In the early morning walks, I've thought about a lot of things. Career, second career, family, traveling, working in another part of the world, seeing things I've only ever read about and my goals. Our Dream Board that I have above my desk in my workspace at home needs some revision, but it's not being met at all.

I'm not moving forward on any of those dreams.

Why not?

Because I'm spinning my wheels getting other things ... things that don't help me with my own life's ambitions ... getting other things completed for people who are unable and unwilling to express any gratitude.



In the last few days, I've not done a lot of training. Some sessions, but not too many.

Walks in the morning have halted temporarily. I'll get back to them tomorrow. I've been up late and getting things done for work in the last few days, but that's completed. Saturday was my last training session at Cedar Springs. It was pretty awesome, but ... I haven't been able to make my heath a priority since.

Shame, really.

A drag, really.

I think that things will get better. At least that is what I keep telling myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment