Monday, December 24, 2018

Dec 16 to 24

Man, I’m on an iPad with this post, so if it doesn't go well, that’s why.

I’m trying to be mindful in my choices in what I have in my EDC. I’m trying to lighten and streamline what it is that I have in my backpack for work and for the other parts of my life.

For example ... I have two punching bags in my garage gym right now. Why did I hold on to them? I’m not using either one and I haven’t thrown a punch either in training or in anger in quite some time. To be frank, I miss using the stand-alone bag and probably wouldn’t get rid of it, but what about the other one? Why did I buy it, why keep it if it only stands in the corner?

I’m asking myself that a lot these days, and not just in my garage gym. Why carry a MacBook Air if I could use an iPad and lighten the load? Why use a fat pouch to hold my kit when I could use a portfolio? Why do this instead of that? Why hold on to things that clutter my mind and my life?

Indeed.

I’m in a public library as I write this and I certainly am glad that I recently started to carry noise-blocking earplugs in my backpack. I’m sitting in relative silence and have finished the work I came here to do. I’m wondering if I brave the world and go see a shop or two, or just duck down and get home.

The last 10 days or so have been fraught with stress and a lot of crap I just didn’t need. Less sleep, more idiots and just too many demands on me and my time. Ugh.

I’m on break now. I’m still dealing with what I like to call the “Stress hangover”. It’s a killer. I have to nap a lot and I have to care for my children, too. But I’ll be better when I get past Christmas. As it is, with today’s work done, I have a clearing sky, so to speak. Sunshine in the forecast for my mind.

Lots of walking, not much else these days. I keep getting up at 6 am to get walks in during the week and then do my good workouts at Cedar Springs when they fit into the schedules of my family. I’m also walking in the stupid early on the beach. I went to a local Provincial Park to walk/hike this morning but it was closed. I found out later it didn’t open until after I had gone home and had coffee with my wife. I do need to go and collect a yoga schedule for that Cedar Springs as I think that is what is next for me. I need some stretching and relaxation in my life that does not involve me sitting on my butt.

Anyway, I’ll post a pic of the Polar Flow app at some point today. This IPad doesn’t like doing that. Which is a strike against, I guess. Not enough functionality for me ... or at least I’m not used to this thing. I will keep working on that.



No comments:

Post a Comment