Saturday, December 29, 2018

Dec 25 to 29

I did do a pretty long cardio session on Christmas. I needed to take care of my family and then proceed to take care of myself before trying to engage with my extended family.

Boxing Day was more of the same - people rushing around the malls, so I stayed away and kept the focus on the six inches in front of my face. I got a fair number of things off of my Christmas Break Projects done and a bunch more work on others. Seems I have to get rid of a bunch of stuff to make room in various parts of the house in order to more forward.

Thursday and Friday were light sessions on the Elliptical with Friday having a second session of kettlebells in the mix as well.

I also made an offer on two 24 kilo bells for a hundred bucks and I got them Saturday morning.

I picked up the bells and now have what I consider a complete set of bells - even though I know it’s like drum sets for musicians and there really isn’t ever a complete set. It’s weird, too as I bought the blue and yellow ones on New Year's Eve a few years ago, and picked up these monsters on Dec 29th. Anyway, for 250 bucks total, I now have six competition bells. I’m pretty satisfied.

Saturday I dropped by my fitness club and got a pretty good 45 minute CrossFit type workout done.

Two minutes on the elliptical
Two minutes dumbbell work - snatches and presses and windmills

I did that for six rounds then did this for four rounds:

30 feet farmers walks x 4 with the last 30 feet being with 40 lb bells overhead.
10 dumbbell flies

Man, it was a pretty good session.

I do know I have to add deadlifts back in the mix. I will do that, I’ll do it. I’ll do it.....


via GIPHY

1 comment: