Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Dec 30 to Jan 8

Happy New Year, everyone!

Not a bad few days - the Polar Flow app is letting me know what I was planning. I saw the calendar and saw what I have left to do before the start of the rugby season.

And so, I got back to deadlifting and doing a lot more kettlebell activities.

I was on break until Monday, and that was awesome. Sunrise walks on the beach nearly every day was pretty cool. My family is struggling with the return to school, but I've been up and at them early every day since their break began.

Lots of lifts - got the Apple TV working in the garage gym, too. I've been watching some great Netflix movies while spending time on the elliptical and lifting kettlebells.

I did get back to doing this for 30 minutes, too:

5-8 deadlifts
10-15 TRX BW rows
15 push ups
20 KB swings - using the new green kettlebells
20 step ups
5-8 seated bent db reverse flies

The last one was added to help with getting thicker delts and rhomboids. I just need them to stop being so annoyed with my efforts, though.


I am running into some difficulty with the Polar H7 HR monitor, though. Seems the Polar Loop wants to take over for my iPhone 6 all the time. Even after the workout is done, the Loop will hook up to the monitor and record my HR on the drive home from the beach. One night session on the elliptical I had to take the Loop off and have the iPhone beside me as I did the workout. Quirky but ok, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment