Tuesday, March 21, 2023

March 12- 21

 

The movie is still in the DVD player today

Yeah, I was busy on Sunday when I usually post these. Saturday I was at the Outdoorsman Show and met up with a TikTokker I follow. Sunday I was at an RV show nearby ...both were pretty cool. I'm hoping that I can get the RV out soon and start being a cool RV-fit dad. I did close all of my rings all of these days - some were just closed and other days they were closed by 2 pm.

I did have a decent holiday with my wife and children - we fed birds and looked at RVs. We even got a chance to do some work in a pool with a kayak. Pics to come. 

My workouts were boring, however, but I got them done. Still, with a focus on cardiovascular fitness, I did the same workout these days.

Early morning was mobility - lots of stretching and working with a stability ball, self-massage and range of motion movement. Some yoga, but basically just stretching and mobility. I can get a 30-minute session in before the day starts and I won't be making this any longer any time soon. 

The afternoon session was this:

3 minutes fan bike arms only

2 minutes kettlebell swings, cleans and presses

1-minute step-ups on a 30 cm step

1-minute battle ropes

This isn't a bad workout, it's just boring. I would like to add some bicep curls in there in order to work on the guns, but that is about it for the time being. I'm glad I had a movie playing when I do these workouts, though. I'll be going through my DVD collection for sure.

The snow is currently melting and it was nice and sunny today, although just a smidgen too chilly to workout outside. I think hiking with the Adventure Van will be on the menu soon though. 

Tonight was a swim session and I got this done in about 30 minutes:

775 m swim: 

100 m breaststroke

200 m freestyle

100 m breaststroke

200 m mix - kickboard, free and arms only free

175 m warm down, breaststroke and kickboard

I enjoy the swimming sessions, I really do. A great way to get myself ready for any time spent on the water this summer. Should be awesome.


No comments:

Post a Comment