Sunday, March 12, 2023

March 5-11

 

IYKYK

Not a bad week,  at least in terms of training here. I missed closing my rings on Friday - but I needed a rest day. I had to train at home the other days, as the weather prevented me from leaving the house.

Honestly, that was annoying, but I got it done. 

Lots of activity at work - lots of steps- I had to carry this here and lift that over there. Meh, it was fine. Got my step count up for the day. 

Not swimming was the annoying part. 

Solo drills are cheaper and less people-ish
I did pick up a new-to-me heavy bag for solo BJJ training - it will be ideal for passing the guard and just making myself move around like a wrestler a bit more. I've got my eye out for an elliptical trainer, too. I didn't think I'd miss having one as much as I do. 


Anyway, training this week looked like this:

Early am yoga/stretching session - 30 minutes of mobility using bands, exercise balls and a yoga mat to get ready for the day. 

Pm session was usually five to seven rounds of:

2 minutes of arms-only fan bike

3 minutes kettlebell swings or cleans and presses

1-minute step ups

1-minute battle ropes

The morning routine is just so helpful - my hips and my knees have stopped hurting. I had a shoulder injury from swimming in January and it disappeared. Even my feet have come back to look like feet and not puffy. Generally, my body is more elastic than it's been in a while. Funny how just movement does that. I don't get more than a half hour to get this done at the moment, but I know that someday I will. I'll have to start working with a professional if I want this to get better and more helpful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment