Sunday, May 21, 2023

May 15-21

This was in the DVD player this week.

 

This was an odd week, man. I didn't get my rings completed every day and was okay with that. I keep hounding myself that I must master the art of showing up and then don't. 

Weird.

I got out for two kayak sessions this week and strapped myself to my garage gym for a HIIT session. I even got two swimming sessions in as well. I mean I got moving, I just didn't move every single day.

I did do the morning session every day this week - those I learned last week I just can't blow off and not suffer later in the day. If I want to be able to move, I need to get myself stretched out. It's just a thing for me. 

Not a bad way for Ferris to travel

Morning sessions are looking like this these days:

Knees to chest and pulled in

90/90 stretches

Baby pose / downward dog to high or low plank

hamstring stretches / hip and leg rotations / seated hip extensions

low ball squats - really help with the knees and quads

reverse ball db flies, 

ball pike

band pullbacks / pull apart, forehead smashers

band rugby line out throws

airplane pose to two-legged bodyweight squats

warrior poses and variations.

...and scene. Yeah, I usually get that done in about 30-35 minutes. No, I don't do the part where you fall back asleep on the mat at the end. As these are early morning sessions, I usually have to get out of there and get everyone moving. 

I'm trying to get the diet under control and am doing an okay job with that. I also hit my sleep goal this week - which was impressive, to say the least. Need to keep doing that, too. 


No comments:

Post a Comment