Sunday, May 14, 2023

May 7 to May 14

 

This is what was on this week.

Yeah, this was a good week, but I lost my brain. Well, perhaps brains aren't what I needed, but I went on autopilot and finished the week in a heap. I did finish my rings quite convincingly most days - hiking and swimming in the evenings, even a surprise swim on Wednesday was so much fun.

See the duck above for evidence of the coolness of the fun I had this week. 

Hikes were in the 3.5-kilometre range. Took me about 45-50 minutes to complete them and found new trails in my local provincial park. Simply cannot be replicated in my garage gym. The swims were 30-35 minutes in length and I got an average of 800 m swim in that time. Again, good luck replicating that in a garage gym.

not my back, but this is a reasonable facsimile
I did get some massage therapy done on Friday after a long hike - my back and legs got cupped and I'm writing this on Sunday and I still look like the victim of an octopus attack. My legs are without a bruise, but my back is another story. 

Stretching weekday mornings is really helping me gain perspective on the rest of the day and is also helping with pain management as well as mobility. I didn't do much journalling/writing this week for a reason that is escaping me at the moment. Strange how when self-care gets ignored, I start feeling grumpy. It's like there is a connection but I'm not quite getting it.

Saturday I was working and just stretching. I watched a bit of the Jays game and then went and had a nap. Then I worked, went and had a nap and then finished off the day by going to bed early and crashing. It's like I was tired or something. I didn't close my rings yesterday and exhaustion is clearly a part of that. I want May to last longer but I also want to skip ahead to when I'm on vacation. 


No comments:

Post a Comment