Sunday, June 4, 2023

May 29 to June 4

 

Outdoor pools were what was on this week

The heat has finally come back. It was humid and sticky and gross this week and I loved it. 

As I look at my notes, there were no hikes this week, no kayak rides just swims in the outdoor pool. I think I got a sunburn during today's session in the water. I'm okay with the slight stinging on my back. 

Here is what I did in 40 minutes this afternoon 

200 breaststroke

750 freestyle

350 kickboard

Of course, I mixed those up and did some laps with fins and with paddles. All good - cardio was the winner today.  I also got two new "Swimming workout record" awards from my iPhone. I'm cool my phone says so.

The yoga in the morning is transforming itself into bodyweight, mobility and a bit of strength training. I really don't care about any of that, all I know is that my hips don't hurt during the day. That and I feel so much better than I did a year ago. Two years ago. Three years ago. I'm still going to blog and monitor it as yoga though.

At the end of this workout, I went and checked out the outdoor turf area they had - I've got plans and a kit bag to put together for that one.



No comments:

Post a Comment