Monday, January 22, 2024

Jan 15-21

 

The Last Samurai was on the screen this week.

This is a day late, but not without good news. I mean ... I didn't finish off the rings every day. Friday, for example, I missed the standing ring by six minutes.

Eye roll. Yeah, I trained that day for 105 minutes and got 1500+ on the Move circle, but Standing I missed. Yeah, whatever.

In any case, the good news is that I had three days of three workouts a day during this time - Friday, Saturday and Sunday I had a morning routine, an afternoon HIIT workout and then ended the day with a swim. Good days for the heart and for the family - my wife came with me on Sunday night to bear witness to the greyness in the hot tub. Sadly, it was pretty gross. We got our swim done and got ourselves home. 

The HIIT workouts in the garage were a nice addition to the week. About 30 minutes long and they looked like this:

Rounds to get to 30 minutes:

3-5 minutes air bike

90 seconds 12-kilo kettlebell swings

20 step-ups on 12-inch step

80 seconds battle ropes

Not a bad workout, to be frank. Nothing exciting, but real steps towards the limitless cardio I crave for a return to rugby. 

No comments:

Post a Comment