Sunday, January 28, 2024

Jan 22- 27

 

Just the first one, the rest kind of blows. Until the last one. 

This week started off pretty well but ended stupidly.

Let me explain. I finished my rings four times Monday to Friday - Wednesday was the "I have to be a dad and husband" day, so I did not finish them that day. I did however stay married and stay in the lives of my children. Also important. 

I earned the January Challenge on the Apple Watch by doing 19 swimming workouts in a month. Neat, but not really why I'm doing these sessions. I also had a Dr. appointment on Tuesday after school. Blood Pressure was 120/80, HR was 81. That's why I'm doing these sessions. 

I did get the first three a day done on Friday, expecting to do the same for the rest of the weekend. Nope. The RV smashed me in the head Saturday at noon and I ended up having to get checked out by another medical professional. Nothing jarred loose, nothing too deeply cut, but it was a skull injury so it bled like stupid. 

May or may not have been me

Mah, whatever. I did get my morning routine done ahead of time and I took it easy the rest of the day. It is clotted up quite nicely at the moment and is good. I'll get a thing that goes on the head and get a swim done after some work Sunday.

I did also get some HIIT workouts done this week, as promised. They were a bit of fun - the DVDs are cheap from Value Village at the moment and are really helping with getting in there to get the work done. 

Friday's workout was for almost 40 minutes ... four rounds of

3 - 5 min Airdyne bike

2 min kettlebell swings - single and double-handed

90 seconds battle ropes - so cool when the car isn't home and I can use the space

20 step-ups on the 20 cm step. 


No comments:

Post a Comment