Monday, May 6, 2019

April 28 - May 5

This week was heavy on the front end and rugby on the back end.

Two two a days Sunday and Monday. Two treadmill sessions as the rain kept coming and coming. It was brutal. Tuesday was a early treadmill session then rugby later in the day. Wednesday was an early morning recovery session, as was Thursday. Friday I took off in order to get ready for Saturday.

I was also late on Friday and so missed the window. I should have just skipped the day. A quiet day at work and I spent my time quietly working. I should have been stretching.

Saturday's rugby tournament went well for me. Lots of time on the pitch, ample runs with the ball - more than I was used to last year and the previous years. I think I embarrassed myself when chatting with a team mate just before the game about the system we were to run that game. I think he was thinking I was going to mess everything up. As it was I got to chat with the same dude between games and he liked what I was doing. I did get banged up and am currently nursing an injured knee and a few cuts and scrapes from the turf.

Man, turf. Ew.

At the end of the tournament, I hit the hot tub and the ice machine. Not the hot tub time machine, much to my chagrin. But the knee blew up and I was hobbling everywhere on Sunday. Working on Sunday was interesting, to say the least. Meh, I got a nap in and cleaned the house a little.

Sunday night I was going to do some more recovery work in the form of a float, but instead just iced the daylights out of my knee. Advil and stretching, Advil and stretching.


No comments:

Post a Comment