Sunday, April 9, 2023

April 2 to 9

 

This is what was on the screen this week

This started off as a great week - two or three swimming sessions, a couple of days with three sessions and even a short hike. Then on Friday as I was about to do a second hike I got called to be a dad. Not that being a dad is contrary to being a fit and outgoing person, it is just that the demands of being a dad are at times needy by nature. 

I did get my bench set up and included bench db flies as a part of the workout on Friday. 35 lb db's are wonderful to start. I have the 50's waiting in the wings for later. I even messed around with doing double kb cleans and presses this week too. The rest of the workouts are as you see in last week's blog post - fan bike, kb swings, two-handed hangs, battle ropes ... and repeat for 40 minutes or longer. 

Anyway, I finished my rings on Friday and had a bit of fun with my family. All good. Saturday and Sunday have been wonderful, though. I got up early and did some stretching and then got to the beach. There was even someone out on Lake Ontario in a kayak, man. Made me a bit jealous, to be frank. I'm going to see what's what tomorrow and maybe get myself in the water. The rest of the days were quiet and I took a break. I even got a massage on Saturday. Excellent recovery for me. 

Workouts are getting a bit dry, to be frank. I need to poke around on this blog and my hard drives to find a few other training sessions. I'm grateful for the warmer weather and I can get outside for fitness and fun. I'll wonder what next week will bring. 

Tomorrow I'm back at it, everyone. Will be epic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment