Sunday, April 23, 2023

April 17 to 23

 

It looks way better on her than it would on me

I'm writing this a little early on Sunday - I just need to get it off my To Do list for the day. And. so ... here we are.

This was an odd week - not as odd as others, but odd enough. I didn't close the rings on Wednesday due to needing to be a parent to my youngest child. I closed them Thursday and Friday then not on Saturday.  Saturday I was miserable, sore and just wandering about the day. I got some stuff done - finally prepared the Wrestling Dummy "Chuck" and a lot of other things, but no training sessions. Was too out of sorts for that. I did get a Date Night in at the end too. So, the day was good for mental health, not necessarily physical health. 

Anyway, I did more swimming this week than anything else. I lost most afternoons and evenings to being a full-time employee or being a parent this week. All good - next week will go back to "normal" or what can be nominally described as "normal"

I did get two awards from my watch for "Longest of" workouts this week - swimming and hiking. That was pretty sweet. I know I will be working on those even longer in the coming weeks. On Sunday morning I did a 2km hike on the beach. I could have been in the kayak, but as I was getting out of bed thinking about not drowning was a goal for the day. 

I'll probably regret that guilty thing in the back of my head making me do that. When I got down there, other than it being chilly, it was perfect for a silent kayak session. Ah well, life will go on. 


No comments:

Post a Comment