Sunday, April 2, 2023

March 27 to April 1

He abides, man.

This started off as a good week - closed all the rings until Thursday morning when something in my leg went "pooooooiiiiIIIInnNng" and swelled up. That did not make Thursday night or Friday at work feel at all very good. I was doing ab rollouts on a big exercise ball at the time. To repeat: that did not feel good.

I found a compression sleeve for my leg and have been wearing it - the compression helps with moving and healing. Also ... lots of Advil. As a result, lots of leafy greens and fruits. I wish my son would follow suit. Eeesh.

Anyway, I think the longer back to back to back to back workouts early in the week stressed the hamstring out, the poor dear. I need to keep in mind not to do the same workout over and over again. I mean I like those cardio workouts, just ...I need to vary them up a bit, ya know?

It can result in overuse injuries. Especially in the hamstrings.

Anyway, went swimming on Saturday and Sunday - which I never usually do. And I was reminded why - it was a zoo at the pool. I'm never going to do that again unless the outdoor pool is open and abandoned. Man, people do suck - and the kids were being just awful. Anyway, I got a swim on both days, just never again. I'd rather hunt for polar bears in Denver than do that again.

What else? Just focussing on showing up this week - need to work on the diet, but am having fun getting ready for the outdoors this summer.

I did get a full kit together from pieces I already had for kayaking later on in April or early May. I'm not interested in freezing to death but I'd also like to get out on the water. I also got a birding kit from the local library and took my son out with it yesterday. That was pretty awesome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment